This Cacao Almond Butter Ball Recipe are our go-to for an easy, no bake sugar hit and they definitely satisfy! Simple, Chewy, Decadent, Almond Butter-y, and Delicious. This recipe literally takes 5 minutes to make and your work mates will love them (ours do!).
This recipe is from the lovely Oh She Glows. Find the Original Recipe here.
- 1/2 Cup 99th Monkey Organic Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Rice Puffs*
- 3 TBSP Brown Rice Syrup/Rice Malt Syrup
- 1-2 TBSP Cacao Nibs*
- Fair trade Cacao to coat - optional
- 1. Stir almond butter, syrup, and vanilla essence in a bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Stir well and add in the cacao nibs straight away so they melt into the mixture.
- 2. Add in the rice crisp cereal and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- 3. Wet your hands with water and roll the mixture into balls. Keep your hands wet whilst rolling to ensure the mixture doesn't stick to your hands.
- 4. Dust the balls in cacao - this gives them an extra cacao hit. This part is optional, and you could roll them in dark chocolate if you would rather them sweeter (simply melt 1/4 cup dark chocolate with 1/2 tsp coconut oil).
- 5. Place the rolled balls onto baking paper or a plate and freeze for 5 minutes.
- 6. You can store these in a container in the fridge - they are best eaten cold. Alternatively, they will last for a month in the freezer. (Not that they are going to last that long - we promise!)
- *Just like all our recipes, you can substitute the Almond Butter for any of our other nut butters. Our Pistachio and Almond Butter works well with this recipe also.
- *Find a cereal with the least sugar content and minimal ingredients. We use the Freedom Foods brand as it's gluten free and has the least amount of sugar.
- *Chopped Dark Chocolate chunks also work if you don't have any Cacao Nibs