Almond milk is a delicious and versatile dairy-free milk that is made from almonds. It is a great source of protein and healthy fats, and it can be used in a variety of recipes, including smoothies, cereal, and baking.
Traditionally, almond milk is made by soaking almonds in water overnight and then blending them with water. However, there is a quicker and easier way to make almond milk using ALMOND BUTTER and water.
All Natural Almond Butter
It is important, however, to use an almond butter that is all natural and doesn't contain any added ingredients. 99th Monkey Natural Almond Butter is made with just one ingredient, and that is, almonds. Other brands of almond butter can contain added sugars, salt, oils, preservatives etc.
These days you can find all sorts of almond milks in the supermarkets - however most of these are filled with artificial ingredients, added sweeteners, added sugars, emulsifiers, fillers and oils.
Although it may seem like the easy option to just reach for a carton of almond milk from the supermarket, you'll be shocked at just how easy it is to make ALL NATURAL almond milk at home with just 2 ingredients!
Don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on nut milk pastes/mixes that are found in the supermarkets - simply just use an all natural Almond Butter, such as 99th Monkey Natural Almond Butter and water. It is A LOT cheaper!
- 1 cup 99th Monkey Natural Almond Butter
- 4 cups water
- Optional: 1-2 dates soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- Optional: 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the water and Almond Butter in a blender (and dates if using).
- Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Strain the almond milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth-lined strainer. OR simply just pour it out and stop pouring right at the end (as all the little nut bits will fall to the bottom).
- Store the almond milk in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you want a sweeter almond milk, you can add more dates.
- If you want a saltier almond milk, you can add more salt.
- You can also add other flavours to your almond milk, such as vanilla extract, cinnamon, or cocoa powder.
- Almond milk can be frozen for up to 3 months.
With these tips, you can make delicious and creamy almond milk at home using JUST ALMOND BUTTER and water.