Coffee and chocolate is a match made in heaven. The two flavours complement each other so well. So we decided to make a very simple recipe, that doesn't require any baking and just a few simple ingredients that you're bound to have at home! Not to mention we also added in some extra nutrients by using protein powder - so this recipe not only tastes delicious but it also contains some added protein - making it a nutritious snack!
Using Nut Butter in Protein Balls
The highlight of this recipe is the Salted Cashew Butter, as it gives these bites a creamy flavour and texture, that melts in your mouth.
Nut butter is a great ingredient to use in protein balls because it is packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fats. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium.
Here are some of the benefits of using nut butter in protein balls:
- Protein: Nut butter is a good source of protein, which is essential for muscle repair and recovery. Protein is also important for weight loss and management, and it can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Fibre: Nut butter is a good source of fibre, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Fibre is also important for digestive health.
- Healthy fats: Nut butter is a good source of healthy fats, such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Healthy fats are important for heart health, brain health, and overall health.
- Vitamins and minerals: Nut butter is a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to protect cells from damage. Magnesium is important for muscle function, nerve function, and blood pressure control. Potassium is important for fluid balance and blood pressure control.
In addition to the nutritional benefits, nut butter is also a versatile ingredient that can be used to create a variety of different protein ball flavours and textures.
Homemade Protein Balls
Protein balls are a delicious and healthy snack that is easy to make at home. They are packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fats, and they can be customised to your liking.
Here are some of the benefits of making your own protein balls:
- You can control the ingredients. When you make your own protein balls, you know exactly what goes into them. This is important if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.
- You can customise the flavour and texture. Protein balls can be made with a variety of different ingredients, so you can create a flavour and texture that you love.
- They are easy to make. Protein balls can be made in just a few minutes, and they do not require any special baking skills.
- They are portable and convenient. Protein balls are a great snack to take on the go. They are small and easy to eat, and they do not require any refrigeration.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup 99th Monkey Salted Cashew Butter
- 2 scoops of Bulk Nutrients Cold Brew Coffee flavoured Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Optional: Choc chips
- Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl
- Add the Salted Cashew Butter to your bowl and mix until combined
- Add the protein powder
- Add the cacao powder
- Stir in your choc chips
- Mix your ingredients together until they are all combined
- Using your hands, make 10 bites and enjoy!
Protein balls are a healthy and delicious snack that is easy to make at home. They are perfect for on-the-go snacking or for a post-workout pick-me-up. Try making your own protein balls today and see how easy and delicious they are!
- Stir in your chocolate chips (if using)
- Using your hands shape them into 10 balls