What's the only thing better than peanut butter straight from the jar?
Peanut butter cookies!!
Now that question is settled, and most of the world is in lockdown, we've got the perfect activity for you all: baking. More specifically, baking some ultra-gooey peanut butter cookies that the whole house will love. And the best bit? They’re vegan, so no family members or house mates will be excluded.
It’s often a challenge to find a vegan cookies that aren’t completely dry and bland. In fact, it’s difficult to find a vegan cookie recipe that provides a perfect balance of a crunchy exterior with a soft, cloud-like centre. But believe us when we say this, I’ve found the recipe.
Here it is:
Start off by beating half a cup of our Natural Salted Peanut Butter and half a cup of Nuttelex (or other butter alternative) until it creates a creamy texture.
Next, add two thirds of a cup of brown sugar and half a cup of white sugar to the creamy mixture. As well as, half a mashed banana and two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Now beat it!
Okay well done, you’ve made it to the half way mark. Not long to go!
Now simply add one and half cups of flour, half a teaspoon of baking powder and pinch of salt. Fold the dry ingredients in with the wet until it forms cookie dough.
Just like this. Ta-Da!
Roll the mixture into approximately 15 small balls and place on a lined baking tray. We like to press down on each ball with a fork to create a cute little pattern. Feel free to do the same.
Then place in the oven for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Once they are cooked, pull cookies out of the oven (don’t burn yourself) and sit them on a cooling rack for fifteen minutes. Try not to eat them all at once, though we don’t blame you if you do!
- 1/2 cup nuttelex softened (margarine spread)
- 1/2 cup 99th monkey salted peanut butter
- 2/3 cupl ight brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2mashed banana
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose or plain flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°c. Line a large baking tray with baking paper; set aside.
- Beat the butter and peanut butter until creamy. Add in both sugars and vanilla extract, beating again until smooth. Beat in the banana until well combined.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt (be careful not to over-mix), until a smooth cookie dough forms.
- Roll the dough into about 15 balls and arrange them on baking tray.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes, until tops are golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.