The Ultimate Peanut Butter Smoothie Ideas
It’s no secret we love peanut butter, we also love smoothies. So naturally, we love all things peanut butter smoothies! Breakfast, brunch, lunch or snack time there is no time not suitable for a delicious smoothie. There are truly endless possibilities when it comes to smoothie combinations. Today, we are sharing one of our all time favourite recipe (of the month!)
You’ll find our full recipe here with the ingredients and amounts, however one of the many beauties about smoothies is even if you simply toss the rough amount of ingredients into a blender you’ll be sure to get a delicious blend. We’ve had this combo on repeat for a few mornings now and we just can’t get enough of it.
Peanut Butter Mango Smoothie. A classic (but not so classic combo). Vegan. Gluten Free. Refined Sugar Free… Even with added protein, if your heart so desires. So we won’t keep you waiting any longer. Let’s get to it.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Peanut Butter Mango Smoothie
- 1 banana, frozen and broken into chunks
- 1 cup of frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup of milk of choice (we used coconut milk)
- 2 tsp 99th Monkey Crunchy Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp honey
- Simply add all ingredients into a blender or food processer and blend until thick and creamy. Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy immediately. YUM!
More ideas for ingredient swaps and add-ins
This simple peanut butter smoothie is great for customizing. If you want to personalize your smoothie, here are some suggestions that we’ve tried (and tasted!)
- Change up your milk (try soy, cashew, rice, oat etc)
- Change up the nut butter! (Choose from the endless selection we have here at 99th monkey)
- Add a scoop of your favourite protein powder for an extra boost
- Change up the sweetener (maple, rice malt syrup, caramel syrup etc)
- Add in some cacao powder
- Blend in some greens (spinach is our favourite) for a super food, greens packed peanut butter smoothie
- Add in some chia seeds, oats or flax seeds
- Add in a scoop of coconut or greek yoghurt
- For an extra little treat add in a scoop of your favourite ice cream for a milkshake vibe!
As you can see there are endless combinations you can whip up for your smoothie, so there will be something for every morning, every mood and every craving! We have given you heaps of ideas that you can swap and add in your favourite fruits, nut butter and superfoods for even more variety. The possibilities are truly endless! We hope that you give some of these a go and come up with some new ones of your own.
We hope that we have given you heaps of #smoothieinspo, that you can take with you and use any time of the day you need a little pick me up. We would love to hear from you guys, what are your favourite peanut butter smoothie combinations you’ve discovered. Find us on instagram and share all your delicious creations! We’ll see you there.