Plastic Free July is a global movement that encourages people to reduce their use of single-use plastics for the month of July. The goal is to raise awareness about the plastic pollution problem and to help people make lasting changes to their lifestyle.
Here at 99th Monkey we reduce plastic by producing our nut butters in GLASS jars, rather than plastic jars.
Many nut butters that are sold in supermarkets are in plastic jars.
Glass jars are better because:
- They are reusable - making them more sustainable.
- They are durable - they are more durable than plastic jars, therefore are less likely to break and makes them a safer choice for storing food and other items.
- They are heat resistant - glass jars can withstand high temperature, making them a good choice for storing hot foods or liquids. Plastic jars on the other hand, can melt if exposed to high temperatures.
- They are microwave safe - they are safe to use in the microwave, while plastic jars are not.
- Products taste better out of a glass jar - glass does not impart any flavour to food, while plastic can sometimes impart a plastic taste. This makes glass jars a better choice for storing food.
- They are healthier for you - glass is non-toxic and does not leach chemicals into food, while some plastics can leach chemicals into food, especially when heated. This makes glass jars a better choice for storing foods.
The Plastic Pollution Problem
Plastic pollution is a major environmental problem. Every year, tons of plastic end up in our oceans, rivers, and landfills. This plastic can take hundreds of years to decompose, and it can harm marine life, wildlife, and human health.
How to Reduce Your Plastic Footprint
There are many ways to reduce your plastic footprint. Here are a few tips:
- Bring your own reusable bags when you go shopping.
- Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying bottled water.
- Avoid single-use plastic straws.
- Bring your own containers when you get takeout food.
- Buy loose produce instead of produce that is packaged in plastic.
- Choose products that are packaged in recycled or recyclable materials.
Making a Difference
Even small changes can make a big difference. By reducing your plastic footprint, you can help to protect the environment and create a more sustainable future.
Together, we can make a difference!
Plastic Free July is a great opportunity to learn more about the plastic pollution problem and to make changes to your lifestyle that will help to protect the environment. By making small changes, you can make a big difference. So join the Plastic Free July movement and help to create a more sustainable future!
Choose 99th Monkey today and say NO to nut butters in plastic jars.