A healthy take on a classic childhood snack food, these double choc wagon wheels are free from refined sugar, require no baking, and have a nutty twist. Crunchy almond-hazelnut choc cookies pair with tart raspberry jam, luxurious cashew cream, and a decadent chocolate coating for a flavour explosion!
Double choc biscuits
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2tbsp 99th Monkey Hazelnut Cacao Butter
- 4tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, soaked in 3tbsp water overnight
- 1 tsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1tbsp cacao butter, melted
- 3tbsp coconut cream
- 3tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 5tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1tsp 99th Monkey Natural Almond Butter
For the raspberry jam:
- In a pan over low heat, mash the raspberries until they have broken down and form a sauce-like consistency.
- Remove from heat and add the maple syrup, vanilla essence, and chia seed mixture and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the jam to a jar and let it cool. Once it has reached room temperature, place the jam in the fridge and allow it to set for at least 1-2 hours.
For the double choc biscuits:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a silicone muffin pan. Alternatively, roll the mixture into balls of equal size and flatten onto a baking paper-lined tray.
- Place the muffin pan or tray in the freezer.
For the marshmallow cream:
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until they resemble a smooth batter.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate while you make the chocolate coating.
For the chocolate coating:
- Mix the cacao powder, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the almond butter and stir until smooth.
- Remove the biscuits from silicone tray and place on a sheet of baking paper. Divide the biscuits into pairs and spread one with a layer of the marshmallow cream, and the other with a layer of the raspberry jam.
- Gently press both biscuits together, spreading the marshmallow cream and jam to the edge of the biscuits.
- To coat in chocolate, balance them on a fork over the bowl of chocolate, and spoon chocolate over the biscuits until evenly coated.
- Place on a wire rack or baking paper-lined tray and transfer to the fridge for an hour to set.