Peanut butter lover’s day. It’s a thing.
Move over birthdays, move over anniversaries, move over christmas day. This month we celebrated one of the most important days of the year (to us) Peanut butter lover’s day. Peanut butter is truly the perfect food. This month, on March the first we honoured all that perfection with a day dedicated to all the lover’s of peanut butter! We love all our nut butters, however our natural crunchy peanut butter will always hold a special place in our heart. It can be salted, unsalted, spooned or spread. It is a healthy, tasty snack but also super indulgent. You can enjoy it sweet, but also savoury - with every meal and everything in between. Peanut butter waffles, pancakes, muffins, espresso martinis, you name it, we’ve thought of it.
Here at 99th Monkey HQ you bet we celebrated national peanut butter lover’s day in true company style. We thought we’d spread the love and it was only fair that we shared one of our top recipes as voted in the office.
Que: Triple peanut butter muffins.
Think: Fluffy, light muffins filled with smoothie, oozing, warm peanut butter and topped with - you guessed it peanut butter mousse.
The best part is, these muffins are vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free and can even be made gluten free if desired! So you can enjoy these every single day of the year (even though every day is peanut butter day if we’ll be honest). Let’s get stuck into it.
Gooey triple peanut butter muffins
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ⅓ cup plant milk
- ½ cup 99th monkey salted natural crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- More peanut butter
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 180C and line muffin tray
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients together
- Pour in the milk and combine with the vegan butter and peanut butter
- Add in both the dry and wet ingredients together and fold to combine
- Spoon batter into the muffin tins, add a teaspoon of peanut butter to the top of the muffins before putting in the oven
- Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly golden and when when the middle is pricked with a toothpick, comes out clean
- Remove from the tin, sprinkled crushed peanuts on top of muffins before completely cooled
- Let it cool on the rack. Enjoy!
Drooling? There’s a lot more where that came from! Be sure to check out our recipe section where you’ll find peanut butter cookies, cakes, curries and smoothie bowls! Grab a jar, 2 or a few of our unsalted natural crunchy peanut butter or salted natural crunchy peanut butter and give this recipe a go! We would love to see your creations and hear your feedback. We would also love it if you could share your favourite peanut butter recipes with us! Find us on Instagram for more delicious creations, let us know yours and we’ll see you there!