Recipe created by @betterbeingsteph
This Pistachio & Almond Butter is all natural (those are literally the only 2 ingredients), and the consistency is perfect for using in recipes because it’s smooth, well-combined and really versatile. It’s also just so flavoursome, and the right balance of nuttiness and sweetness.
I hope you guys enjoy these scrolls as much as my family and I have!!
Ingredients for the dough:
200g self-raising flour or GF flour of choice, sifted.
170g Plain or vanilla Greek yoghurt
1 tsp Instant yeast
60ml maple syrup (regular or sugar free)
Optional extras: crushed almonds and pistachios, white choc chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
2. To a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the dough, and stir well to combine.
3. Using your hands, begin to mould the batter into a dough.
4. Roll dough flat with a rolling pin until it’s roughly 1cm thick.
6. For the filling, mix the Pistachio & Almond Butter with the maple syrup until combined into a syrup. Spread this evenly across your dough, then sprinkle with any optional extras, like crushed nuts.
7. Pinch the edge of the dough closest to you and begin rolling away from you, forming a log.
8. Cut the log into 8 scrolls and place on a lined baking tray to bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is slightly crispy/golden brown.
9. Serve immediately, or allow to cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. Can be reheated.