Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, but the addition of hazelnut takes it to the next level. A healthy take on classic peanut butter cups sit atop a layered chocolate peanut butter cheesecake with a choc-hazelnut base.
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp 99th Monkey Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 6 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp 99th Monkey Salted Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 50ml coconut milk (tinned)
Peanut butter cups
- 3tbsp 99th Monkey Salted Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3tbsp rice malt syrup
- 3tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2tbsp cacao powder
For the peanut butter cups:
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tbsp rice malt syrup with the coconut oil and cacao powder until smooth.
- Spoon half of the chocolate into a mini silicone muffin tin and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Mix the peanut butter with 1 tbsp of rice malt syrup until well combined.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the set chocolate and top with the remaining chocolate.
- Transfer to freezer.
For the base:
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until they form a slightly sticky, well-combined dough.
- Line the bottom of a mini springform cake tin with baking paper. Press the mixture into the springform tin and place in the freezer.
For the filling:
- Place the cashews, rice malt syrup, vanilla essence, coconut oil, and coconut milk into a blender or food processor and blend until they resemble a silky smooth batter.
- Divide the batter in half. Blend the first half with the cacao powder and the second half with the peanut butter.
- Remove the springform tin from the freezer and layer the chocolate batter and peanut butter batter over each other.
- Place the springform tin in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Cut the peanut butter cups into quarters and place atop the cheesecake.
- Slice cheesecake and serve!