Vegan Espresso French Toast easy as ABC
There’s a lot happening this month. International Vegan Month, International French Toast Day, International Espresso day… Phew.
To celebrate all of the above, we have been testing and trialing some classics (tough gig, we know right?!) veganized, caffeinated and including FRENCH TOAST! Introducing our 99th Monkey Vegan Espresso French Toast!
Your brunch dreams are about to come true with this veganized and caffeinated classic.
Put your hands up if you love french toast!!! Think super thick, crusty bread, dunked in a sweet vegan custard then little pan-grilled until golden fluffy perfection.
After we tested this baby we figured out it was too good not to share with you guys! You’ll find most of these ingredients on hand in your pantry! The perfect weekend brunch, mid-week treat, and everything in between. Made under 15 minutes, this will be your new go-to impress. Super quick and easy to make, it’s easy as ABC.
Let’s get into it.
Vegan Espresso French Toast
1 cup almond milk
½ cup extra firm tofu
1 tbsp 99th Monkey ABC Butter
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 shot espresso (or sachet of coffee of choice)
Pinch of salt
Vegan butter to grease the pan
6 slices of thick cut, sourdough bread (ideally a couple of days old!)
1 cup sliced strawberries or berries of choice
1 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- To make the custard add the tofu, plant-based milk, vanilla, sugar, salt, butter and blend until a smooth, thick creamy texture
- Grab your bread and cut it into big, thick slices.
- Place the bread into your creamy custard and completely cover
- Put your bread slices into a hot, buttered up pan
- Cook until golden and brown and gently flip
- Repeat until all of the custard and bread have finished
- Serve immediately, we love to top ours with sliced berries, some maple syrup and coffee beans
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do, and that you give this recipe a try! If you create these, or have any delicious french toast recipes we’d love to see them and try them for ourselves! Find us on instagram, tag us and we’ll see you there!