Valentine's day is upon us. Yet another excuse to make delicious, sweet treats and share them! This year, we’ve gone for an OG recipe. Keeping it simple, classy and oh so tasty. When it comes to dessert it can be easy to get a little carried away and overwhelmed by extravagant, layered, multi part desserts to try and impress. However, you’ll soon see you can skip all of that!
We’ve taken the classic brownie, and made them our own 99th style! Basically, rich, melted dark chocolate and an almond cacao brown butter sugar swirl, these babies are sure to be a winner! dreamy vanilla cookies topped with our creamy almond cacao nut butter and paired with some berries and icing sugar for good measure.
Let’s get into it!
Almond Cacao Vegan Red Velvet Brownies.
- ⅓ cup 99th Monkey Almond Cacao Butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate, chopped and melted
- ⅓ cup vegan butter
- 1 cup almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tsp red food coloring
- Vanilla ice cream (vegan) if desired
- Pre heat oven to 170C, line a baking tray and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix 99th Monkey Almond Cacao Butter and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, set aside
- In a separate bowl, melt the cup of chocolate chunks (over the stove or in the microwave)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Slowly add in the oil, milk, red food colouring and melted chocolate. Stir to combine
- Pour the brownie batter into your lined baking dish
- Spoon small drops of the 99th Monkey Almond Cacao Butter, sugar mixture into blobs
- Bake the brownies for around 35 minutes or until the top is set
- Remove and wait until completely cooled
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately. Enjoy!
That’s all there is to it. The combination of the rich, dark chocolate, smooth and creamy almond cacao spread and the sweet drops of icing sugar… We’ve got a crowd pleaser. Sprinkled with a little bit of icing sugar, if you wish and all the love! These brownies are quick and easy to make. Guaranteed to impress and please your special someone, gal pals, family or even if you are looking to treat yourself! One bite and you’ll fall in love. t.
We cannot wait for you guys to give this a go, please tag share and let us know what you think! We would also love it if you shared with us what you create this valentines day! Find us on instagram for more delicious creations, share the love and we’ll see you there! From our 99th monkey family to yours, happy valentines day! Much love.