Here at 99th Monkey we use GLASS jars, instead of PLASTIC jars to hold all of our flavours of nut butter.
Whereas MANY other brands use plastic jars.
International Plastic Bag Free Day
International Plastic Bag Free Day is an annual event that is celebrated on July 3rd. The goal of the day is to raise awareness about the environmental impact of plastic
Issues of Plastic and the Environment
- Plastic is a major source of pollution.
- It can take hundreds of years to decompose, and often ends up in landfills, oceans, and other waterways.
- It can also harm wildlife due be ingested by animals, which can lead to blockages in their digestive systems. It can also entangle animals, which can restrict their movement and lead to injury or death.
How to Celebrate Plastic Free Day
- Refuse plastic bags
- Bring your own reusable bags when you go to the grocery store or any other place where you might need a bag.
- You can also spread the word about the importance of reducing plastic use by talking to your friends, family, and neighbours.
- Support businesses that are committed to reducing plastic use
- Get involved in local efforts to reduce plastic bag use.
By taking these steps, we can help to make a difference for the environment.
Glass jars are better because:
- They are reusable - making them more sustainable.
- They are durable - they are more durable than plastic jars, therefore are less likely to break and makes them a safer choice for storing food and other items.
- They are heat resistant - glass jars can withstand high temperature, making them a good choice for storing hot foods or liquids. Plastic jars on the other hand, can melt if exposed to high temperatures.
- They are microwave safe - they are safe to use in the microwave, while plastic jars are not.
- Products taste better out of a glass jar - glass does not impart any flavour to food, while plastic can sometimes impart a plastic taste. This makes glass jars a better choice for storing food.
- They are healthier for you - glass is non-toxic and does not leach chemicals into food, while some plastics can leach chemicals into food, especially when heated. This makes glass jars a better choice for storing foods.