In light of Global RECYCLING Day, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to share our ideas of ways you can use your finished nut butter jars.
While our jars are 100% recyclable, they can also be reused in other great purposes.
Some ideas we have are:
- to store nuts
- to store sugar, salt, pepper
- to store oats
- using them as a container to make overnight oats in
- to store poppyseeds, sesame seeds, herbs, spices
- to store tea bags
- to store nuts, bolts and screws
- to wash your paint brush in
- as a drinking glass
- to store lollies, chocolate
Our glass jars could also be used as a food container that you can pop in your bag when doing your daily commute.
- sliced carrots, celery, tomatos
- condiments (tomato sauce, salad dressing, peanut dipping sauce, soy sauce, sour cream, hummus)
- tea bags, coffee for the office
- lollies, chocolate, jellybeans
Another great idea is to use them as a homemade gift for your loved ones. For example, you could pop some chocolate covered peanuts in them and tie a ribbon around the jar and maybe attach a little note to it as well. This would make a nice little gift. Another example is to pop some liquorice or liquorice all sorts - whatever their favourite chocolate or lolly may be!
This is just a few examples of the many ways our glass jars can be reused and put to good use!
If you’re not after repurposing our jars, they are recyclable - meaning you can put them in your recycling bin.
Another alternative to this is to take them to a recycling plant. There are many you can find on the internet that give you the option of putting your postcode into the website and it will give you some recycling plants near by that accept glass jars.
We’d love to see different ways that you may reuse your nut butter jars! Be sure to share your ideas with us!