Hack your morning with this simple baked oats recipe
A quality morning routine is essential to getting you out of bed and starting the day off right. Different people have different routines that help them get their day started on the right track and take on the world. All mornings look a little different and should feel good for YOU! But one thing many mornings do have in common is breakfast!
Recently, we jumped on the TikTok baked oats band wagon. If you missed our first recipe, find it on the blog here! Oats have many health benefits which make it the perfect meal to start your day. Pair it with a healthy serve of nut butter and some fruit and you’re good to go. If you’re still unconvinced, we’ve got another goodie to share with you. This one is SO delicious, we just couldn’t keep it to ourselves. Still fluffy, super satisfying and decadent with even more to it. Let’s get into it.
Chocolate peanut butter oats
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup banana
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp protein powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp 99th Monkey Unsalted Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Add oats, banana, almond milk, baking powder and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spray a ramekin with oil spray and pour batter until half full, add in piece of chocolate
- Pour the rest of the batter until ramekin is full
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the top is golden and the oats have risen
- Mix together all of the ganache ingredients and pour on top of the oats. Sprinkle with extra cacao powder or top with more fruit if desired.
- Remove and enjoy!
That’s all there really is to it. The possibilities are truly endless. We would love to hear all your favourite flavour creations if you give it a go!
Baked oats truly is revolutionary. But how does this change the game in your own morning routine? The benefits of starting the day with a nourishing breakfast is nothing new. Morning routines are super helpful as they set the tone for the rest of your day. We need the energy to fuel us through our days, and breakfasts do just that. However, many people don’t take the time or find it difficult to sit down to breakfast before they start work. But just 5, 10 or even 15 minutes if you can spare it will do wonders for your mindset and day.
When enjoying your bowl of oats make sure you take some time just for you. Find your favourite spot in the morning sun, be present, and make sure you set your intentions for the day.