The ultimate cacao hazelnut fudgey, gooey brownies with warm Ganache
Our second favourite day of the year is here, after world peanut butter day. That’s right, it’s world chocolate day.
As much as we love to enjoy our spreads by the spoon we were feeling inspired this week so we’ve created the ultimate brownie. They also happen to be dairy free, refined sugar free and gluten free if you so desire. Think thick, fudgey slices with a crispy edge and warm, gooey centre. Topped with a warm creamy, hazelnut cacao ganache. Perfect paired with a cup of chai or hot chocolate. Go on, you know you want to.
We don’t like to play favourites, but our Hazelnut cacao butter has taken the win this week. Delicious, creamy spread with hints of cacao and the perfect amount of crunchy sweetness. Let’s get into it.
99th Monkey Cacao Hazelnut Brownies with warm Ganache
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1½ cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour, or flour of choice
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped vegan chocolate
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup 99th monkey hazelnut cacao butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Line a 8x8 tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the hot melted butter and sugar, then add in milk and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate hazelnuts
- Pour the batter evenly into the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until the top is crispy brown
- To make the ganache, combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and warm
- Remove the Brownies and let them cool down before pouring over. Enjoy!
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we do, and that you give this recipe a try! If you create these, or have any delicious chocolate recipes we’d love to see them and try them for ourselves! Find us on instagram, tag us and we’ll see you there!
Happy World Chocolate Day Fam!