Lemon meringues are a classic dessert. They are light, airy, and flavourful, with a tart lemon filling combined with a sweet meringue.
We decided to make a healthier and easier version of this classic dessert by using yoghurt and protein powder to create the filling.
We also added our 99th Monkey Nut Butter touch to these lemon meringue's by adding a simple homemade 'healthier' caramel layer to them.
Simple, 'Healthier', Nut Butter Caramel
Did you know you can make a very simple and 'healthier' caramel using just 2 ingredients? All you need is Nut Butter of your choice - we chose to use our Natural Almond Butter and a sticky sweetener of your choice - we chose maple syrup.
(To make 8 meringues)
- 8 x meringue nests
- 2 x scoops (60g) of Bulk Nutrients Lemon Meringue Protein Matrix Powder
- 1 x 170g tub vanilla yoghurt (we used Chobani Vanilla Fit Yoghurt)
- 1/4 cup 99th Monkey Natural Almond Butter
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Make the 'caramel' later by mixing the Almond Butter and maple syrup together until combined
- Spread a later of this 'caramel' onto each of the meringue tarts
- In another bowl, mix the yoghurt with the protein powder until combined into a thick consistency
- Add a spoonful of this yoghurt mixture on top of the later of 'caramel' on each meringue nest
You will be so pleasantly surprised with the flavour of these 'lemon meringues'! You won't believe you're eating JUST yoghurt and protein powder. It tastes SO NAUGHTY but it really isn't!