Bet you never thought that you could eat an apple that tastes like a 'Snickers' (Nut Butter) chocolate bar!
Well try this one out! These doughnuts can be kept in the fridge and are a perfect snack for when you feel like some chocolate but want to be a bit more on the healthy side.
- 1 apple cut into slices, core removed (to resemble the shape of a doughnut)
- 99th Monkey Salted Peanut Butter
- Chocolate of choice
- Crushed peanuts (optional), but gives it more of that snickers feel with the crunch of the peanuts
- We put each apple doughnut ring onto a popsicle stick so make it easier to eat (no mess/chocolate on your hands then).
- Dip or spread each side of the apple doughnut ring with the peanut butter so it covers the apple ring.
- Place these doughnut rings onto a lined baking tray and place into the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Once set, melt your chocolate and dip side of the ring in the melted chocolate so that the doughnut ring is covered in chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts over the chocolate.
- Place back into the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Store in the fridge.
These make a great kid friendly snack that will look like a naughty chocolate treat but actually isn’t as unhealthy as a chocolate bar.