This clever TikTok upside down puff pastry hack turns simple ingredients into a delicate caramelised tart in no time.
This latest trend is a simple way to use up leftover fruit and puff pastry.
It is so easy that it makes a kid-friendly approved bake to make!
These easy and quick pastry ‘turnovers’ have been circulating all over the web and social media recently. It all started with a simple version of an easy apple pie. However this has quickly escalated into all sorts of different flavours and versions of this easy ‘tart’ method.
We have adapted this trending viral recipe recipe and added our 99th Monkey touch to it by using the combination of banana, Peanut Butter and chocolate. Because how good is the combination of banana, Peanut Butter and chocolate?! And then you make it all warm and combine it with pastry and it just makes it oh so much better.
This easy ‘turnover’ recipe only requires 3 base ingredients, that is, puff pastry, a fruit of choice and a sweetener of choice.
(to make 2 puff pastry turnovers)
- 1 banana, halved lengthways and then cut in half again
- 2 tbs 99th Monkey Salted Natural Peanut Butter
- A few chocolate chips
- 2 tsp brown sugar or sticky sweetener
- Puff Pastry
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Use half of a sheet of puff pastry and cut it in half again (to make 2 banana & Peanut Butter puff pastry tarts).
3. Sprinkle the brown sugar or sweetener onto a lined baking tray.
4. Place each half of the banana on top of the sugar/sweetener.
5. Drizzle/spread the Peanut Butter over the top of the banana slices.
6. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of the Peanut Butter.
7. Place each piece of the puff pastry over the top of the bananas.
8. Using a fork score the sides of the pastry to create a pocket.
9. Place baking tray into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
10. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then using a spatula, flip the pastry upside down onto a serving plate.
With its simple preparation and perfect caramelised results, this trend is sure to become a staple when you need a quick sweet treat!
These Peanut Butter and Banana turnovers are consumed warm, fresh and straight from the oven, making them the perfect winters dessert!