LCM Bars or otherwise known as, 'Rice Crispies', are a classic snack that many children would be familiar with. They're a great snack that you can throw in your lunch box for any time of the day.
The LCM bars that you buy in the supermarkets are filled with unnecessary additives.
Here we show you how to make LCM bars with just a few simple ingredients and much less sugar!
Not to mention - they are super fun to make, so get the kids involved - they'll love making them.
We decided to make our homemade LCM bars Peanut Butter flavoured - which makes them even more delicious!
- 120 g marshmallows
- 80 g 99th Monkey Salted Natural Peanut Butter (or Unsalted)
- 60 g butter (or Nuttelex)
- 140 g rice puffs (rice bubbles)
1. Add the marshmallows into a bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals until melted (ours took a total of 1 minute).
2. Add Peanut Butter and butter (or Nuttelex) and stir until combined.
3. Add the rice puffs and mix until combined. The mixture will be very sticky.
4. Spread the mixture onto a lined baking tray and flatten the slice with the back of a spoon.
5. Place the tray into the fridge to set.
6. Once set, slice into bars.
7. Store in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for homemade Peanut Butter LCM bars. They are a delicious and easy-to-make snack that is perfect for any occasion. So gather your ingredients and get baking!