The combination of lemon and coconut is always a match made in heaven.
These lemon protein balls are full of delicious whole food ingredients that are a source of protein, healthy fats and are free from refined sugars. Best of all, by making these yourself, you know exactly what is going into them (no artificial flavours or processed sugars!).
The Almond Butter in these protein balls works perfectly in with the flavours of the lemon and coconut to give it that added nutty taste and texture - as well as helping binding the ingredients together!
They make a great light and refreshing snack to have on hand!
Why you are going to love this recipe
- Healthy: packed full of healthy and wholesome ingredients!
- No bake: there is no need to turn on the oven with this recipe. These protein balls are completely no bake!
- Dairy free: are perfect for those avoiding dairy.
- Vegan friendly: a healthy and delicious vegan snack
- No equipment needed: you can use a blender if it's easier for you, but this recipe doesn't require a blender. A spoon will do the trick.
- A source of protein: these have added protein powder in them - therefore making them more nourishing and healthy.
(Makes 8 protein balls)
- 2 tbs 99th Monkey Natural Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or almond flour)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- 1/4 cup protein powder (lemon flavoured - we used Bulk Nutrients: Lemon Meringue' Protein powder)
- 40g coconut oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined
- Simple as that!
- Roll into 8 balls
- Roll each ball in some desiccated coconut
- Store in the fridge!
These lemon meringue protein balls are an easy grab and go snack. They are sweet enough to curb your sweet craving, but will definitely not leave you will a sickly feeling.
The added protein makes these easy snacks a good pre-workout snack or as a bite to eat before you hit the gym or to give you a bit of a lift post workout.
The kids will also love these protein balls and they make a great lunchbox treat!
They are healthy and the added protein makes this snack a nourishing addition to your day!