Sweet potato toast is a delicious and healthy way to switch up your breakfast routine.
It is a great alternative to traditional bread toast and can be topped with a variety of different ingredients to create a unique and satisfying meal.
This is the perfect gluten free and vegan friendly alternative to using bread.
Now pair the sweet potato with 99th Monkey Salted Cashew Butter, banana slices and cinnamon and you've got yourself a delicious flavour combination.
This combination is so creamy, and the banana and cashew butter pairing is a match made in heaven.
How to cut your sweet potato toast
There are two ways you can cut your sweet potato - lengthwise or into smaller rounds. Lengthwise provides for longer, more toast-like pieces but it can be more difficult to cut.
Cutting the sweet potato into rounds is can be easier. Both are great options, it’s really up to you!
How to make sweet potato toast
In just a few easy steps, you’ll have sweet potato toast you can use on the spot or store for your meal prep.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the potato lengthwise into even slices (approximately 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick) using a knife. Then place them onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until slightly toasted. Thicker slices may require a bit more time.
- Spread your 99th Monkey Salted Cashew Butter on top of the sweet potato.
- Add sliced banana pieces on top of the Cashew Butter.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top and enjoy!
Here are some additional tips for making sweet potato toast:
- Choose sweet potatoes that are firm and have smooth skin.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Bake the sweet potato slices in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Let the sweet potato slices cool slightly before topping them.
How to store your sweet potato toast
If you’re prepping this recipe ahead of time, you can store the sweet potato toast in your fridge for up to 5 days. Just let the pieces cool completely and stack them in a container, with baking paper in between.
Once you’re ready to eat, you can re-heat these slices by popping them into your toaster or oven. You can also microwave them for 20-45 seconds to warm them up.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious meal topped with Salted Cashew Butter and banana.