These sweet and nutty, mini 'healthier' Twix bites will satisfy your chocolate craving.
'Twix bars' are a delicious and popular chocolate bar that is made with a shortbread cookie base, caramel, and chocolate. They are often enjoyed as a snack or dessert, and they can be found in most supermarkets.
However, if you are looking for a fun and easy way to make your own, HEALTHIER 'Twix bars' at home, then this recipe is for you!
I bet you didn't know that you could make an all natural caramel, using NUT butter!
These 'Twix' bites use all natural ingredients, are vegan and even have added protein!
We used a mini muffin pan to create 'Twix' bites, rather than bars.
(to make 12 mini 'Twix' bites)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbs Bulk Nutrients Earth Protein in the flavour 'vanilla'
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs coconut oil
Nut Butter Caramel:
- 1/2 cup 99th Monkey Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine all your 'base' ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Fill your mini muffin pan with the base ingredients and using the back of a spoon press down the mixture so its compacted.
3. Bake your base layer cups at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
4. Add your 'caramel' layer ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
5. Add 1 tbs or so of your nut butter caramel on top of the base layer.
6. Place your muffin tray into the fridge to cool and harden.
7. Melt your chocolate and top each of your bites with the melted chocolate.
8. Place into the fridge to harden.
These homemade 'Twix' bites are sure to be a hit with your friends and family! They are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and chewy. So gather your ingredients and get baking!