S'mores are a classic campfire treat that are loved by people of all ages. But did you know that you can make them at home just as easily? With a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy this delicious treat any time of year.
With the combination of chocolate, Peanut Butter, biscuits and marshmallow - it's sure to be a winner of a treat.
We even decided to add in some protein powder for some nutrients.
We chose to use a muffin tin with patty pan liners to make these S'mores for an easy single serve snack that you can grab straight from the fridge.
(To make 6 S'more cups)
- 3 arrowroot biscuits crushed
- 30 g of protein powder
- 1/3 of a cup of 99th Monkey Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate
1. Melt half of the chocolate with some coconut oil in the microwave.
2. Add 2 tsp of melted chocolate to each lined cup and spread halfway up the sides.
3. Place this tray into the fridge to harden the chocolate.
4. Add the crushed Arrowroot biscuits, protein powder and Peanut Butter to a bowl and mix until combined - it will be crumbly.
5. Take the tray out of the fridge and add a spoon of the mixture to each of the chocolate cups and flatten with a spoon.
6. Add mini marshmallows on top of the biscuit layer in the cups.
7. Melt the rest of the chocolate and pour it over the top of the marshmallow layer in the cups.
8. Place this tray back into the fridge to harden the chocolate.
Store in the fridge and enjoy!
Although these S'mores aren't toasted, as the traditional S'more may be - they have the taste and textures of a S'more.
The Arrowroot biscuits resemble the classic biscuit S'more base.
The marshmallows and the chocolate are of course key S'more ingredients.
The protein powder does not change the taste - rather just adds a little sweetness without adding sugar and some nutrients.
The Peanut Butter is the combining agent to make the Arrowroot biscuit crumbs stick together while also giving a nice nutty and creamy taste to the S'more cups.