What is Rocky Road?
Rocky Road is a very popular treat in Australia and America. It is a no-bake treat, typically made using chocolate, marshmallows, coconut and lollies. It is a delicious and satisfying treat, but it can also be high in calories and sugar. If you are looking for a healthier version of rocky road, try this protein rocky road recipe!
Why you need to try our Rocky Road
Not only do these rocky road cups taste like the classic rocky road bars, but they are healthier and have added protein too. They are made with healthier ingredients making them an even more enjoyable treat.
This recipe uses Bulk Nutrients Matrix protein powder in the flavour ‘Rocky Road’, chocolate, marshmallows and dried cranberries (to replace the lollies), which creates a delicious and nutritious treat.This protein rocky road is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health goals. These protein rocky road cups can also be used as a pre-workout snack due to the added protein powder!
We decided to use muffin trays for this rocky road recipe so they are an easy grab and go bite, no chopping or slicing required and already portioned for you.
Why our rocky road is the ONE to make:
- It tastes like classic rocky road but it is made using more nourishing ingredients
- It can be made gluten-free and vegan
- It contains added protein, making them a great option for a pre-workout snack
- They are quick and easy to make and requires minimal time and mess
- You can get the kids involved as it doesn't require any complicated or dangerous steps
(To make 6 small cups)
- 70g chocolate
- 30g Bulk Nutrients Matrix Protein in the flavour 'Rocky Road'
- 2 tbs 99th Monkey Salted Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup mix ins (we used: mini marshmallows, shredded coconut and dried cranberries)
1. Melt chocolate and Peanut Butter in the microwave.
2. Add Bulk Nutrients ‘Rocky Road’ flavoured protein powder and mix into the chocolate and Peanut Butter mix.
3. Add to the bowl your mix-ins and fold them through until everything is combined.
4. Line your muffin tray with 6 patty pans.
5. Evenly scoop your batter into the patty pans until all mixture is used up.
6. Place into the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
7. Once set, remove from fridge and take the rocky road out of their patty pans and store in the fridge.
These homemade rocky road protein bites are so much better than shop-bought. They are fully customisable and you can make them completely gluten free and vegan!
Not to mention they’re super fun and easy to make, with just one bowl and 10 minutes of your time.