ANZAC biscuit recipe you'll go seriously nuts for
ANZAC biscuits are a very popular treat in New Zealand and Australia, made mainly from rolled oats, coconut, butter, golden syrup and flour. Served commonly on the ANZAC-day weekend in April. In true 99th monkey style we have whipped up a batch (okay, maybe 2) of our very on ANZAC biscuits, with a twist.
At 99th monkey, we’re all about the snacks. We’re all about balance, enjoying life and reating yourself! We love trying new and fabulous creations, and if we can find a healthier version (so we can enjoy them more frequently we’re here for it!
This sweet, chewy gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan friendly Anzac biscuit is a healthier alternative to the popular Anzac biscuits! You can use any nut butter in your ANZAC biscuits. We’ve chosen to use our 99th Monkey ABC nut butter for an extra tasty punch. Just three ingredients: Roasted Almonds, Cashews, and Brazil Nuts.
It’s as easy A, B, C...Let’s get to it.
Nut butter ANZAC biscuits
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 jumbo ANZAC biscuits
(or alternatively 8 - 10 smaller biscuits)
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour of choice (we used spelt)
½ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup 99th monkey ABC nut butter
¼ cup honey
¼ cup vegan butter butter
2 tbsp hot water
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and toss to combine
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Combine gently with a spoon until the mixture sticks together
- Take a spoonful of mixture and form into a small ball. Place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Repeat until all mixture has been used
- Flatten the cookie using the back of the spoon with enough room around each cookie
- Bake in a low 180C preheated oven for 20 -30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
That’s it! As you can see, these are super easy to whip up. All the ingredients are super simple and convenient, we pick them up from our local Coles while we’re stocking up on our nut butter range, of course ;) to have on hand when we’re feeling like a little homemade treat! Find us on instagram for more delicious creations, let us know yours and we’ll see you there!